Contact Cotswold Airport
T: +44 (0) 1285 771177
F: +44 (0) 1285 771318
Kemble Air Services Ltd,
The Control Tower,
Cotswold Airport is situated seven miles to the south west of the old Roman town of Cirencester and has two separate entrances. This is because the main east west runway divides the airfield in two.
Cotswold Airport is conveniently located with approximately an hour and thirty minutes drive in to London with an excellent link road to the M4. There is also a regular train service from Kemble Station in the village straight in to Paddington Station which takes around one hour twenty. For train details check out www.nationalrail.co.uk
From the East (London, M25 etc), West and South West
• Take the M4 to junction 17, and then follow the A429 north towards Cirencester. Please do not exit at junction 15 as it is easy to get lost and is no faster this way.
• Though you will see Kemble Airport on the left hand side, after Malmesbury and Crudwell, you will not be able to gain access from this road.
• Continue on A429 towards Cirencester, past Cotswold Airport and you will come to Kemble village.
• You will see a traffic light crossing in the middle of the village. Turn left here (signposted Coates) and follow under the bridge to the end of the road.
• At the T-junction turn left onto the A433. After about ¾ mile, you will approach a right hand bend with a small country turning off to the left. Turn into this road, signposted Jackaments Bottom Farm.
From the North
• There are several options, one of which is to take the M5 to Junction 11A and then the A419 to Cirencester.
• Once at Cirencester, take the A433 Tetbury Road. Follow the A433 towards Tetbury. You will pass under a railway bridge and The Thames Head pub on the right.
• Approximately 1½ miles further you will approach a right hand bend with a small country turning off to the left. Turn into this road, signposted Jackaments Bottom Farm.
• Once you have turned at the Jackaments Bottom Farm signpost on the A433, follow the track to the very end where you will see the entrance to the Cotswold Airport . The large metal gates should be open, but if not, please press the ATC buttons on the keypad, and they will open the gate for you.
• Once through this gate, follow the road and blue signs to Control Tower and AV8 Restaurant which will be visible on your left hand side.
• You can report to the Control Tower, marked with a sign as shown below, for information and assistance.
Multi-Map Directions Finder:
Enter your postcode and click Find for specific directions. GPS will locate north side. HGV must use the Main Gate.
Once you arrive...
Take care to drive safely on the airfield, taking note of speed restrictions, traffic lights and follow appropriate signs. If in doubt of your position please stop and telephone Operations on 01285 771177 for further advice.
Out of airport operational hours please call Security on
Why has the access changed?
The closure to the public of the runway crossing point has been forced on the airport by the Civil Aviation Authority because of continued un-authorised runway incursions. The closure is regrettable but across Europe there is now a zero tolerance to runway incursion.
The South (Showground) Gate
This entrance is used for all Heavy Goods Vehicles and events that are being held on the Showground. The gate is off the A429 (Kemble / Malmesbury road) on the south eastern side of the airfield. HGV traffic for the north side of the airfield must enter here and proceed to the runway crossing security gate. HGV driver protocol click here.
The North Gate - Contol Tower, AV8 Restaurant & Non-Showground Events
This entrance is off the A433 (Tetbury / Cirencester Road) at Jackaments Bottom and is for all members of the public visiting the flying schools and businesses on the north side of the airfield. This is also the entrance for the AV8 restaurant, the Control Tower and non-showground events. Whenever the security gate is shut visitors without a pass should press the Control Tower button, or dial the code shown for the company they are visiting. You will be asked questions relative to the security status before the gate is released.
Please respect our neighbours when using the north gate. Pass holders sign up to a voluntary speed limit and we ask all visitors not to exceed 20 mph in the section of road nearest the airport from the disused railway bridge.
Security cameras record all traffic visiting the airport and the live images are available to all operators cleared to release the gates.
for the latest trafic information check out http://www.frixo.com/
KAS Ltd is Registered in England: 4182147
Registered Office: The Control Tower, Cotswold Airport , Kemble, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 6BA