Directions to Cotswold Airport
Cotswold Airport is situated seven miles to the south west of the old Roman town of Cirencester and has two separate entrances. This is because the main east west runway divides the airfield in two. Enter the postcode GL7 6BA or What Three Words ///navy.pens.stirs into your navigation system to access the airport by road.
Cotswold Airport is conveniently located with approximately an hour and thirty minutes drive in to London with an excellent link road to the M4. There is also a regular train service from Kemble Station in the village straight in to Paddington Station which takes around one hour twenty. For train details check out www.nationalrail.co.uk
From the East (London, M25 etc), West and South West
- Take the M4 to junction 17, and then follow the A429 north towards Cirencester. Please do not exit at junction 15 as it is easy to get lost and is no faster this way.
- Though you will see Kemble Airport on the left hand side, after Malmesbury and Crudwell, you will not be able to gain access from this road.
- Continue on A429 towards Cirencester, past Cotswold Airport and you will come to Kemble village.
- You will see a traffic light crossing in the middle of the village. Turn left here (signposted Coates) and follow under the bridge to the end of the road.
- At the T-junction turn left onto the A433. After about ¾ mile, you will approach a right hand bend with a small country turning off to the left. Turn into this road, signposted Jackaments Bottom Farm.
From the North
- There are several options, one of which is to take the M5 to Junction 11A and then the A419 to Cirencester.
- Once at Cirencester, take the A433 Tetbury Road. Follow the A433 towards Tetbury. You will pass under a railway bridge and The Thames Head pub on the right.
- Approximately 1½ miles further you will approach a right hand bend with a small country turning off to the left. Turn into this road, signposted Jackaments Bottom Farm.
- Once you have turned at the Jackaments Bottom Farm signpost on the A433, follow the track to the very end where you will see the entrance to the Cotswold Airport . The large metal gates should be open, but if not, please press the ATC buttons on the keypad, and they will open the gate for you.
- Once through this gate, follow the road and blue signs to Control Tower and AV8 Restaurant which will be visible on your left hand side.
You can report to the Control Tower, marked with a sign as shown below, for information and assistance.